A couple of well placed kicks can be
very effective.A kick straight down on
top of the attacker’s foot close to the ankle is very painful as well as a
sharp kick to the knee cap.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
Street Smart Self Defense Objectives 1. The student will understand, learn, and practice self defense techniques. 2. The student will understand, learn, and practice unconventional self defense techniques that are not based on martial arts training. 3. The student will understand the importance of being aware of their surroundings when away from home. 4. The Student will be able to recognizing dangerous situations and how to manage them. 5. The student will learn how to keep their emotions under control when confronting danger. 6. The student will understand the two different types of adrenaline. 7. The student will understand and learn self defense techniques to teach their children. 8. All students will be given the opportunity to practice self defense techniques during the remaining classes, so they can learn and understand them well.
INTRODUCTION A number of self defense techniques in this course are based on the martial arts. However this course is not about martial arts, it is about protecting yourself, or a loved one in danger. A lot of people learn the martial arts for self defense, but I have to admit, I’m not one hundred percent on board with this being the main reason. While it is true that the techniques of martial arts are very well adapted for self defense, I would hope most would study and practice it for the love of the art, physical fitness, and self improvement. However, I suppose that if you choose to study and practice a martial art, and your reason for doing so is self defense, then I guess that’s okay, at least you are learning for a reason.
MY TRAINING I lived in Japan for two years where I was trained by a tenth degree black belt grandmaster in Shotokan Karate, an orthodox Japanese style created in Okinawa, earning a brown belt. After returning to the United States, I trained for three more years by an eighth degree black belt grandmaster from Korea in Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do, earning a black belt. The self defense techniques in this program are based on my five years of formal martial arts training. I borrowed techniques from my Shotokan Karate training and my Hap Ki Do training, in designing this self defense program.
Comments
Post a Comment